This course is designed for students to learn the basics of PHP and MySQL. PHP and MySQL will be used to create your own Dynamic Websites – A must for those who want to work in web development or website management! PHP is one of the most widely-used, open-source, server-side scripting languages; MySQL is the most popular open-source database management system for personal and business use. The two coupled together create a powerful combination that is used by WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Media Wiki, Moodle and other content management systems.
Upon successful completion the students will be able to demonstrate the following:
– Install mysql, php, and a web server.
– Introduction to mysql: select, insert, delete, and update data.
– Query the data in the database use mysql built-in functions with select statements.
– Introduction to php and write advanced, effective, and efficient php scripts.
– Manipulate data from web page forms.
– Connecting web pages with database using mysql on web server.
– Real business web applications
Please visit the Interactive Continuing Education Scheduler to see if this course is currently offered.